5-Minute Easy Acai Bowl with A Crunch - Vegan & Delicious
Try busting out ‘açai’ in a conversation and watch your friends retreat in horror. Some people say “ah-CAI (Chinese: 菜)”, or “ah-KAI”...What the hell is this confusing açai?
Acai (pronounced: “uh-sigh-ee”) stands out as a trendy superfood, often transformed into sorbets, smoothies and juices. This uppity food has shot to international fame by the likes of influential figures such as Gwyneth Paltrow and Meghan Markle.
The acai is derived from a dark purple berry native to the Amazon rainforest, and has gained popularity as a superfood for very good reasons. Brimming with a plethora of nutrients, this extraordinary fruit offers a multitude of health benefits. Its impressive antioxidants content not only aids in improving heart and skin health but also strengthens cognitive function. Therefore, it is a delicious addition to your diet for the better of your well-being.
One very popular way of enjoying acai is by crafting your own healthy acai bowl. Those who are unfamiliar may wonder again: what exactly is an acai bowl? It is a thick acai puree, similar to the texture of a smoothie, often topped with granolas, fresh fruits, nuts and finished with a drizzle of your favourite dressing. The beauty of the acai bowl lies in its versatility - There are just so many ways of assembling your acai bowl, one can easily personalise with your preferred toppings or cereals and have it for breakfast or snack at any time of the day.
So I came up with a brilliant idea of putting our chips into an acai bowl to create a giant nutritional powerhouse that is delicious with a thumbs up. Well, Hey! Chips is a healthy snack brand and just like fresh fruits, nutrients are retained in the chips because we avoid using high-temperature frying methods. As such, they serve as a marvellous alternative when fresh fruits are not readily available or there is a desire for variety.
Beware, the satisfying crunch adds such an amazing texture to the acai bowl that you will keep going for more and more scoops. There we go, as we embark on our journey to seek for the perfect fusion of taste and health. Trust me, make yourself an acai bowl and enjoy goodness all at once. Try out this amazing recipe to delight your taste buds.
Serving: Perfect for 1
- 200g of frozen acai puree
- ¼ cup of liquid (eg. yoghurt, milk or water)
- 1 pack of Hey Banana Chips
- 1 pack of Hey Mango Chips
- ½ cup of strawberries
- ½ cup of blueberries
- ¼ cups of granola
- Start by taking the frozen acai puree out of the freezer and letting it defrost slightly for 5-10mins. This will make it easier to blend.
- Once softened, place the frozen acai into the blender. Add ¼ cup of your preferred liquid either yoghurt, milk or water, to help with the blending.
- Turn it to low speed and blend acai mixture till smooth
- Pour blended acai into a bowl and start assembling
- Begin with adding sliced strawberries and blueberries along the side of the bowl.
- Continue to top the acai base with Hey! Banana and Mango Chips.
- Finally sprinkle the granola over the bowl.
- Feel free to be creative with the toppings. You can also add coconut flakes, nuts and cookie butter according to your liking.
- Acai bowl is ready for the feast!
Isn’t it not that hard? Now that you know how to make this simple atas food at home, we hope you will be able to say açai confidently and impress your friends. Enjoy this refreshing summery treat with your guests with finesse.
Valenzuela, D. (2023, June 27). Treat Yourself to a Duchess’ Breakfast With Meghan Markle’s Acai Bowl Recipe. Katie Couric Media. https://katiecouric.com/lifestyle/recipes/meghan-markle-acai-bowl-recipe/
Editors of Goop. (2017, March 1). This is how Gwyneth Paltrow takes her acai bowl. Body+Soul. https://www.bodyandsoul.com.au/nutrition/healthy-recipes/this-is-how-gwyneth-paltrow-takes-her-acai-bowl/news-story/637c9f9c8896e35304ac5def08c1336c